how did this trade possibly get vetoed?!!

Share advice with other fantasy league commissioners. Trade trips and tricks.

how did this trade possibly get vetoed?!!

Postby jmorgs28 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:13 pm

How in the world does this trade get vetoed? I am completely baffled.

Gronk
Mack (huge weeks the last 3 weeks)
Valdez-Scantling (again consistent scoring the past 4)

for

Connor
AP
A. Morris

I view Mack and Valdez-Scantling for AP and A. Morris as pretty much a draw, if anything in my favor (who is behind in the standings) as AP has been wildly inconsistent all season long and Alfred Morris has much been non-existent. And then the rest is Gronk for Connor, which is impossible to call either way, because Gronk is injured and Connor may be losing snaps next week.

I am one game behind this owner in the division (5-4 vs. 6-3) with 5 weeks to go, 2nd and 1st place respectively, not like a last-place team trading to a first-place. So it's not a matter of standings or integrity of the league, because we are both very much still in the running to win the division.

You should not have this kind of veto power over my (or anybody else's) team. I can understand when it's team out of the running trading to a first place team, but this not the case at all here. I am disgusted by it and this will definitely factor in to whether I use your leagues next season or not.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Re: how did this trade possibly get vetoed?!!

Postby ChrisToeFer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 am

We basically assessed it the same as you did until it came down to Gronk for Conner. Conner's value has been hard to pinpoint all year, but at this point in the last week before the trade deadline we're valuing him like the #3 RB he has been and not making any assumptions about how or if Bell may impact things down the road. Gronk, on the other hand, has been injury-riddled all year and we're putting his value at the player he's been. That Gronk, even with some upside, makes him nowhere close to Conner's value.

Again, as pointed out in another thread, for the sake of the entire league we're trying to prevent playoff team's rosters from being significantly impacted this last week of trading. And putting the #3 RB on the other team's roster is a significant upgrade. This has nothing to do with us trying to control your freedom to run your team and everything to do with us trying to maintain a fair playing field for all 12 team owners.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:47 am

Well I proposed the same trade to the owner, but now you won't let him accept it because it's the final week of trading and Connor's game has started, thanks to you. This was his response, who you think is getting the worse side of the deal.

"They wont let me accept the trade now that conners game has started . And the deadline is this week correct? They just f***ed us. Whats the point of spending hours hammering out sh#! if its just gonna get vetoed. Agree we are separated by 1 game"

And he is the one ahead of me in the standings. He obviously disagrees with your assessment. Hope your happy you just p***ed off two owner, so thanks for it. Just for even more info in our trade, we have been spending the past 3 days trying to come to an agreement, and we finally did, and now's it too late. You won't be getting my business anymore for baseball or football, because this is ridiculous. Again this wasn't a last place team trading to a front-runner. Totally different, we are both fighting for the playoffs against each other, you shouldn't how you assess things, we paid the money for these teams, it's up to us how we wanna handle them, and obviously our rankings differ from yours, but it's not to you to control my team or his team. Beyond infuriated about this. Never will do another league on this bull-s#!* dictatorial website.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 am

I don't even like the trade for myself anymore, the more I hear about Gronk. I live in Mass and I'm a huge Pats fan and I know that's going on with him, but the fact remains I want to be able to control my team and the decisions within my team at all times. That's the whole point of fantasy football, being able to be the GM of your own franchise. And I'm also a man of principle, we agreed to the trade after several days going back and fourth, and we finally agreed to it, even though I don't like it as much now, I'm a man of principle and a deal is a deal. Live the decisions of my team to me and not you. I've been playing fantasy football since I was 13 years old, I'm now 34, so I know what the hell I'm doing, so stay out of my 4 teams going forward this last season I play fantasy with your website.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 am

Oh, and just like that, the one you were worried about, Connors, had to leave tonight's game. He won't be the #3 RB, if he misses time or this opens the door for Le'Veon. So, again, leave your projections to your own fantasy teams and leave mine alone. I do not and will not view Connors as the #3 RB in the league, like he has been to this point, with all the uncertainty surrounding Le'Veon and him, and now this injury puts him even further down from the #3 spot. So again, don't manage my teams for the rest of this season.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:34 am

And now because Conner has already played this week, and this being the last week before the trade deadline, I who, paid for the team (NOT you), am unable to trade Conner to ANY TEAM and I wanted (which I should have the right to do) to trade him before the trade deadline. Because I, unlike you, don't feel Conner is going to be a #3 RB the rest of the season. But because of you taking control of my team against my will, I won't be able to do WHAT I WANTED TO DO WITH THE TEAM I PAID YOU FOR, which was to trade Conner before the trade deadline. This is f***king absurd. I'm not letting this one go. I am even pursue legal action against your company. I am going to talk to my legal counsel and see what my rights are.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Awesome, now you're just going to hide and not respond to anything. As well as being control-freaks, you're also a bunch of cowards. Good to know for the future baseball season. You totally screwed over my team and don't even care. I'm so f**king p!**ed right now you have no idea. Conner is now in the concussion protocol and there was breaking news that Le'Veon is going to report by next week, exactly why I HAVE WANTED TO TRADE Conner for WEEKS NOW, and now I can't bc he's played this week already (and got injured) and the trade deadline is this week. Again, just bc you had valued him as the #3 RB, doesn't mean I have to abide by your rankings. I have my own rankings and I've been doing this for 20+ years, to the point where all of my friends are constantly coming to me for fantasy advise on trades and waivers. I don't necessarily need to trade him to that owner, but I WANTED to trade Conner before the deadline to any owner in that league, b/c I don't like him the rest of the season, and that should be my prerogative given its my team and I paid for it. And you totally screwed me, whether intentional or not, bc now I'm stuck with Conner, now with injury and LeVeon going to report, which shouldn't have happened to me, and as a man of principle, I'll never forget this.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Not hiding, you asked and we answered why it was vetoed and there isn't really a lot more to add. Will just re-iterate the point that this has nothing to do with us trying to control your freedom to run your team and everything to do with us trying to maintain a fair playing field for all 12 team owners at a late point in the season.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:35 pm

The only way your site will ever get my money again and regain my respect is if you do the unprecedented (? maybe you have done this before, I'm not sure) move of either reversing the veto on the trade OR making Conner available for trade to any of the other owners for the remainder of the week, so that I am able to make and accept trades for him, as should be my choice. He's not the #3 RB IMO. Period. Especially after last night's injury and today's news from the Pittsburgh ownership saying that LeVeon is going to be back on the team. Again, I shouldn't have to abide your rankings, that's what makes fantasy so fun, is that everybody has their own rankings of the players. And you don't worry about me or my trades, again I've been doing this since 1998 when it was still dial-up internet, I know what I'm doing, whether you agree or not with my moves, and I have NEVER once when I was out of it (which hasn't happened all that often, I'm still very much in the running in this league), traded players to a front-runner. I am out of it in a Yahoo! money league this season and all the front runners are offering me garbage for Fournette (since he's due to return this week). Again, that's me as a man of principle, I'm the one that's had to suffer from him missing so many games this season, now that's he's set to return, even though, I'm 1-7, I'm not trading him to anybody unless it's an offer that benefits my team, because I've been the one who's had to suffer through his injuries that is partially what cost me this season
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Well you are controlling my team. Because now I can't move him to any owner, because this week is the deadline, and he played. I've been trying for weeks to move him. Go look at all my rejected offers in that league. And I should be able to trade him. Your rankings of players (which are totally subjective) shouldn't effect the moves I'm able to make for my team. Whether it's direct or indirect, you have taken control of my team bc I don't want that player on my team and now I'm forced to have him on my team, because of your decision. And if Conner misses games or loses touches to LeVeon, then that trade is very fair, and actually is helping the lower ranked team (mine) and hurting the team currently in the playoffs, which helps the competitive balance of the league. So as far as I'm concerned you really have no ground to stand on, and again as a man of principle, if nothing is done to resolve this, I can promise you will not see another dime from me as I'll remember this til the end of days. And again, I'm not a high roller here, but if you look up my account, I've been joining more and more leagues on this site, and fewer on other sites. So it probably won't effect your bottom line, which is why you don't care, but in addition to not seeing another dime from me, I will make sure all my friends who you use your site will hear about this story. And I will post it on every fantasy football chat or site that I can find. I'm the nicest guy in the world, until you cross me. Then I go for the jugular, so I will not rest until it does effect your bottom line.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby jmorgs28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 pm

You're not a coward? Well I'd beg to differ, because I'm still waiting on a response to my request one way or the other, with a Yes or No, and you've gone MIA again. Convenient, huh? You're not only a coward, you're a shame to the male sex, not responding, no balls at all. This complete lack of customer service is mind-boggling to me, considering the success your site has had for years. But it's going to get out. I will not rest until I bring you down, or at least you're bottom line down. That's a promise I can make to you. And I'm a vindictive SOB, so I'm gonna start dropping players that are good, but are just not good enough to earn the End of Season label on waivers, so hopefully it ruins the of integrity of the competition in the 4 leagues I'm in. I don't care if I win or lose anymore. I only have a shot in 2 of my leagues anyways.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 am

We already made our decision and no we can't allow you to make Conner available for trade this week after he's already played and been in your starting lineup. If you would like to discuss further, please email or call support.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmorgs28 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:28 am

You %^$# suck. I'm not going to call some innocent customer service person who is not responsible for this. Give me your direct line and I'll be sure to call you directly and blast your ass out. But you're a dickless coward, so you'll hide behind your staff. Your decision %^$# the integrity of the league, b/c now the hgher ranked team has the better line-up, because LeVeon is now reporting either tomorrow or Monday and Gronk is injured. If they got traded or you waited ONE MORE DAY TO FIND OUT ABOUT LEVEON, this never would have happened. %^$# you
jmorgs28
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:46 pm

my personal line is (609) 474-6491
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmorgs28 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:55 pm

I'm going to shut my mouth and not say another word, if you could just approve the trade I accepted in that same league. I've seen you've approved all my other deals in my other 3 leagues, but this one is still pending. I take back what I said, I know I said some pretty harsh things, but I love to trade and I hate when my trades on any site get vetoed, because I do know what I'm doing and I'm not corrupt by any means, so I'll never make a trade that effects the integrity of league competition. I've decided to go by the motto: "When life you gives you lemons, you make lemonade." And drop the Conner issue. Please just approve my current trade in Fall Classic by the deadline today. This one is very fair and it's two owners who are both 5-4 and just out of the playoffs right now.
jmorgs28
Rookie

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner