Chris Boswell td

Share advice with other fantasy league commissioners. Trade trips and tricks.

Chris Boswell td

Postby TonysNiners » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:20 pm

The Boswell passing touchdown does count for a special teams touchdown? Seen the alert change and curious why it doesn't show yet on the website scoring. Does it also change it, or do I???
TonysNiners
Rookie

Re: Chris Boswell td

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm

If it's not showing yet in your league it's because your league's rules are not setup to show it. There's a couple notes in the alert on what to change to get it to show for your league.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kkoole » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Our scoring is set so that QB, RB, WR, TE, and K are awarded passing TD, no problem there.

What happens if the D/ST is also checked to receive the TD? Would the Boswell TD be counted twice (for the K and again the D/ST)?
kkoole
Rookie

Postby DOlinger » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:20 am

I guess I don't agree. When the kicking team comes on the field he's part of the offense team. The offense is the only category that can pass forward, the special teams can't pass forward. There is no such thing as offensive special teams. If he kicks, he gets the points established by the kicker points. If he passes he gets points established by the points setup for the kicker passing.

According to your response, why wouldn't the def/special teams get points for both the passing touchdown and the receiving TD. It makes just as much sense as your post!!! This can't happen.

Our league has points setup for the kicker passing points. It doesn't help that you post for all leagues that it should be special teams and kicker passing points. Two separate categories can not get points at same time (kicker and Special teams). All this does is cause a lot of internal arguments.

If RealTime would like to make some suggestions for scoring, that would be ok. Telling us to change our rules in the middle of the season is not what should be done. We have our own commissioner to make these adjustments.

Don't rock the boat,

Oly
DOlinger
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:29 am

Nobody at RT is telling anyone to change their rules. When odd scoring plays like this happen we get dozens of questions about why it's not being scored how leagues think it should be scored. We merely want to point out how the play is saved in our system and which scoring options commissioners would want to look at if they do in fact want to change. The best option for changing rules is always by league vote during the off-season, but it's up to every league if they want to adjust it now or later or not at all.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sammalamma » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:41 pm

What if you are in a pay league and you do not know who the commissioner is? How do we ask the right person if those points apply to us or not? We lost by 1.3 points and if that counts for a TD for our defense, then we actually win the week.
Sammalamma
Rookie

Postby BEdwardo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

several things: first, to answer a question below if the D/ST is also checked would points be awarded twice. Yes. This is the exact situation our league faces and the owners don't like the rule because those points were the difference between a win/loss for the first place team. I think the reason is that the K is also considered part of the ST.
We're considering a rule change and a commissioner's scoring adjustment. However, we first need to know from RTS what is considered a special teams play. To me, anytime a kicker (K or punter) is on the field, then that play is a special team play for both teams, period. There is no offense or defense on a special team play. It doesn't matter who scores a TD, safety, whether it's a pass or run, fumble recovery, interception return; it doesn't matter; the ST, either team, should be awarded 6 points for the TD or 2 for the safety. No points should be awarded to anybody for passing/running/receiving. That's the direction I think we're headed but first need to know from RTS the answer to this question: What is considered a ST play and is the K considered part of the ST?
BEdwardo
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm sure I would answer some part of that incorrectly, recommend you contact support.
support@rtsports.com or 636.447.1170
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Commissioner's Corner