Waiver Wire Priority

Talk All-American, All-Pro, High Stakes, Faceoff, Daily Games and more.

Waiver Wire Priority

Postby KP5150 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Why does a 4-0 team have a higher waiver wire priority than a 1-3 team? I mean I know why... b/c the 1-3 team has more total points (+1.1), but that just seems so unfair when wins matters more than points in division play. Your waiver wire priority is unfair. It should be sorted by wins & then points, like every other divisional league I've ever played in. This isn't even my team that's 1-3, I'm 2-2 & thought it was unfair that 4-0 guy had a higher priority than me... then I saw 1-3 guy below him too & I was like c'mon man... this just ain't right!!!
KP5150
Rookie

Re: Waiver Wire Priority

Postby ChrisToeFer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:13 am

Good question KP. We used to order it by record until a few years ago. We changed because the intent of the order is for the worst teams to have the first choices on the waiver wire. We feel the best indicator of worst teams are points scored, not necessarily records. With the former method, especially early in the season, very good teams can score a ton of points and lose just based on unlucky match-ups, then end up having first picks on the waiver wire.

There's plenty of room for debate either way we do it, but we just feel the way we're doing it now is better overall.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Money Leagues