Done with RTS

Talk fantasy football, player evaluation, strategies, pre-game break downs...

Done with RTS

Postby Medic09 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Two weeks in a row now I've signed on <6 AM Thursday to get a jump on our free-agent period. Each time I've been welcome by the message: Mssql::Open: No Database Connection Established, and have lost out on multiple players. Not to mention having other managers in the league who are angry for the same reason.

I don't understand how a PAID SITE can allow this to happen in successive weeks, at critical times, and offer no explanation.

We were hesitant in subscribing to RTS again this season and this assures we won't be back for next year.
Medic09
Rookie

Re: Done with RTS

Postby boss2010 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Class action lawsuit is what's needed for two years of free service at a minimum for all of the time, energy and stress involved with this.

This issues friendships strains, and league strains, RT SPORTS NEEDS TO ISSUE AN APOLOGY and Just pay!

Find us an attorney!

The Commissh
boss2010
Rookie

Postby roto597 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:20 pm

I totally agree with you! How can this happen 2 weeks in a row without even an explanation or apology. I emailed the site on Thursday regarding this and have no response. I’ve been with this site since it began but can’t continue for the sake of our league. First come first serve opens at 6am on Thursday mornings so only the lucky individual who has nothing else to do but hit refresh for an hour or two will end up with the best free agents. Anyway, so long rtsports! Unfortunately, your site has failed to improve or offer quality customer service.
roto597
Rookie

Postby boss2010 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:54 pm

I don't know how its been for you or any team in any league, for me the last two weeks having to deal with the technical issues by RT Sports have been the worst ever!

These issues have made this the worst experience of fantasy football for me as commissioner and team owner. In addition its created a lot of conflict in our league. I have had my reputation questioned! That is as a result of RT Sports.

Collectively all of the owners in our league believe RT Sports owes us some monies back has been the response in offline polling. We are comparing RT Sports to the Cable Company and at least they own their issues and compensate their customers.

We are planning to leave at the end of this contract and our first place we will look is CBS Sports I think as two owners play with their tools and like. RT Sports needs to get their act together and fast they owe and need to pay and take responsibility for all of the issues they have caused.
boss2010
Rookie

Postby Medic09 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:11 pm

It's now Monday morning and RTS has yet to respond to the multiple posts or offer an explanation about the service interruption that occurred on THURSDAY MORNING, which was the second occurrence in as many weeks. As bad as RTS looks for the incident itself, the cold shoulder it's throwing to its customer base by not offering SOME explanation or remedy confirms this is not a reputable organization.

So while I wait to see if the player I lost out on because of the glitch costs me a League Championship tonight, I question how a PAID SERVICE can operate this way.

Do the right thing RTS...refund those leagues who have been impacted by not one, but two outages in successive PLAYOFF weeks!
Medic09
Rookie

Postby Medic09 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 pm

End of day Monday...still waiting RTS...
Medic09
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Contact support. The forums are not monitored on a daily basis.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby roto597 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:23 am

I did contact RT via contact support on Thursday morning and still no reply. I suppose my nearly 20 years of being with RT doesn’t warrant a response. Thanks for nothing RT.
roto597
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Roto, I don't know about your specific case, but contact support again if you really haven't heard from them.

As for Medico, I did discuss his issue with support and even though he posted 6 times in 3 forum threads that he was never contacted, that's simply not true. He was contacted and spoke several times with our support staff last week. And although he was offered what we feel is sufficient compensation for his league's troubles, he was not satisfied with the compensation so did not accept it.

Just as a general aside, we're never happy when our website is down. When it happens here, we fix it, we apologize in various ways on various platforms, and we listen to customer's issues and try to remedy them. Thousands of customers are sometimes impacted and many our reaching out to our support staff on multiple platforms (fb, twitter, forums, chat rooms, email, phone) at a time when our site may be down. There can be attempts to reach us that do not get through,.e.g. our email and phone systems may be down with the rest of our site. If you do send a reasonable question or issue and did not hear back, try again because support answers every one they get. If you sent a "Your site sucks" message, know that we understand your frustration, but are unlikely to answer.

- CTF
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to RealTime Board